Pages

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Day 5 The Part Where We Screamed... Part 2

Ok, wow, once again I go without posting for a while. I guess I'm just a bit slow. (And by a bit I mean really slow) 

Well, on the 5th day of my trip to the East Coast we visited yet another amusement park, this time it was Kings Dominion. Overall, Kings Dominion had much more intense rides than Busch Gardens.


The first roller coaster we rode was Volcano, it's a jet launch inverted (suspended) coaster, and easily my favorite in the park. It's kinda short but you're going so fast you can't even tell when you're upside down. The coaster is overall thrilling. What's better was the weather wasn't great so the park was near empty.


After a few more coasters and miscellaneous rides my friend and I decided to attempt the most intense and somewhat questionable ride in the park. Now, Intimidator 305 gets it's '305' from the fact that the first drop is a 305 foot drop at an 85 degree angle.
Now, the drop itself is fine, but afterwards the force and speed cause you to black out a bit. Not fun. It gave me a pretty bad headache later on in the day... that is after we rode it one more time. After that ride I think it was official that my friend was now a thrill seeker, despite just starting to ride roller coasters and thrill rides the day before.


With all the rides done for the day, and my mom and I having a headache, we decided to go towards the less intense attractions. One of which was a replica of the Eiffel Tower.
Once we got up there, I was able to get some amazing shots of the park and the previous rides we rode.



With us being extremely tired we left Kings Dominion and got into the car for a 4 hour drive up to our nation's capital! Washington D.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment